WENTZVILLE, MO (March 20, 2012)- This past weekend at The Bullring at Las Vegas (NV) Motor Speedway, 14-year old Kyle and 12-year old Clayton Weatherman demonstrated why they are two of the nation‘˜s top Legend car drivers.
In two days of racing action where Young Lions, Semi-Pro, and Pro classes were merged, the duo scored four top three finishers on the 3/8-mile banked oval.
On Saturday, the team worked on setups logging a number of laps to break in the new spec Federal tires used in competition. The tires need more than 100-laps on them to even begin to work well according to crew chief Michael Harper.
The Weatherman team swaps out the engine in Clayton's car in 38 minutes led by Jarid Carpenter and the rest of the team.
After the first practice session both boys were near the top of the speed charts but Clayton was dealt a blow when a camshaft failed setting the team in action to swap out the spec Yamaha engine. Thirty-eight minutes later with a new engine in place, Clayton made it back out on the track in time for the second practice session.
Both drivers were dominate in their heat races and registered second (Kyle) and third (Clayton) place finishes respectively in the 25-lap main event.
After an evening of relaxation that included cosmic bowling with the team, the Weatherman brothers were back in action on Sunday afternoon dominating the events. Kyle Weatherman claimed the victory with Clayton a close second in the feature race.
"There is nothing like winning and we had a much better car on Sunday," Kyle Weatherman offered. "We needed the tires to come in and once they did we were really good. I like coming out to Vegas and certainly have had good success there."
Last season, Kyle Weatherman won the prestigious USLCI Nationals besting over 160 of the top drivers in the country.
Kyle (L) and Clayton talking setup at The Bullring.
For his part, Clayton Weatherman enjoyed the finish but he also knew he was close. You can call it sibling rivalry. "All I want to do is beat Kyle," Clayton Weatherman said. "We got close this weekend and I know it will happen soon. I really enjoy racing Kyle and I liked this track a lot. The Bullring is a fun place to race."
Next up for the duo is the Monster Jam World Finals back in Las Vegas at Sam Boyd Stadium this coming weekend. Both boys will attend a two day autograph session on Friday and Saturday as well as participate in team activities for crew chief Michael Harper, who owns The Outlaw Monster Truck. You can follow both Kyle and Clayton all season long at www.weathermanmotorsports.com, www.kyleweatherman.com, www.claytonweatherman.com or on Facebook.
About Weatherman Motorsports
Weatherman Motorsports is owned by successful business entrepreneur Daryn Weatherman who operates a large commercial and residential glass business in suburban St. Louis, MO. The team features his sons, Kyle and Clayton who compete primarily in Legend cars. This season Kyle wil also make starts in IMCA Modfieds, Dirt Late Models, and in ARCA Racing Series. You fan follow all the action all season at www.weathermanmotorsports.com. The team is supported by loyal sponsors that include: United Nissan, CashBack, St. Charles Glass & Glazing, Mittler Brothers Machine, Tanner by Mittler Brothers, and Richardson Racing Products.
About DJ Shannon Enterprises LLC
From one-time press releases, event coverage, to a full season public relations campaign, we have a grassroots motorsports marketing program to fit your budget and needs. Get started today by calling Derrick at 208/870-8066 or email [email protected]
Bekijk ook deze populaire persberichten
- Cruyff Court geopend op Aruba
- Guus Meeuwis’ Groots Overzee concert dit jaar op Texel
- VOGELS VAN BELGIà‹ EN NEDERLAND MP3 VELDGIDS
- Verdachten bankoverval Haaksbergen aangehouden
- Gratis online meting organisatiecultuur
- Groninger overleden na vermoedelijk een vechtpartij
- Lean Office; verkorten van doorlooptijd van à¢â‚¬à…“Order to Cash en vermindering van het werkkapitaal.
- Mighty Brighty Projectiescherm Verf is de oplossing waar iedere architect naar op zoek is
- Gezocht: Werk van Antoon van Welie (1866-1956) & informatie
- GEA Refrigeration Division voert Sofon Guided Selling wereldwijd in
- Gratis online meting organisatiecultuur
- Tas ballonnen achtergelaten op Den Haag CS, verdachte geeft zichzelf aan
- SAUNA”S INFRAROOD SAUNA CABINES WARMTECABINES SAUNA DISCOUNT KAMPEN OVERIJSSEL
- ATN Arab IPTV box: meer dan Arabische 500 TV zenders in HD-ready kwaliteit zonder schotel!
- Lancering profielensite Xseno.nl blijkt groot succes onder jongeren!
- Go-Tan introduceert met de Cook & Go nieuw kookconcept gezinnen en families
- T-Mobile wint de umlaut connect Mobile Benchmark Nederland
- Com’ Europe: Grote jongen in wording
- Politie lost rioolexplosie op
- Raoul Groot uit Alkmaar vermist